Thank you for considering Universal Surrogacy Services, Inc. Universal Surrogacy Services, Inc. understands how difficult and emotional this process can be, therefore, we offer professional support throughout your entire journey.
All gestational carriers and their partner, must complete an extensive screening process which includes an initial phone consultation with a Universal Surrogacy Services, Inc. case worker, a criminal background check, an application process, a personality evaluation and an in home or virtual home visit conducted by a Universal Surrogacy Services, Inc. caseworker. If you choose Universal Surrogacy Services, Inc. to assist you with your gestational carrier match, please request an application.
• Once your application has been accepted, we will supply you with The Agency Service Agreement. Once you have executed the Agreement, the 1st installment of The Agency Fee of $5000.00 is due.
• We will present you with gestational carrier profiles that meet your requirements as specified in your application. All available gestational carriers will be presented until you have been matched. All potential gestational carriers and their partner, will meet with a counselor or psychologist to assess their mental and physical suitability to participate in a gestational arrangement prior to the medical assessment with your IVF physician. The mental health assessment is comprised of a clinical interview and the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI-2), both of which are conducted by a licensed mental health professional. Results from the clinical interview and MMPI-2 are indicators of a gestational carrier’s suitability to our program. During the clinical interview, the licensed mental health professional will explore the gestational carrier’s family history, educational background, motivation to participate as a gestational carrier, current life stressors and coping skills, difficult or traumatic reproductive history, interpersonal relationships, sexual history, history of major psychiatric or personality disorders, legal history, and any history of abuse or neglect. The clinical interview will ensure that the gestational carrier is well informed of the risks involved in a gestational arrangement, as well as the medical, psychological and physical aspects of the process.
• When Universal Surrogacy Services, Inc. receives a verbal confirmation of a match with gestational carrier, we will set up a match meeting with the intended parents, the gestational carrier, her partner, and Universal Surrogacy Services, Inc. caseworker. We will cover many of the issues that will be included in your Gestational Agreement, such as fees, abortion and selective reduction views, reimbursable expenses, medical and life insurance, etc. We must receive a verbal confirmation from both parties indicating a willingness to proceed forward before initiating a written Gestational Agreement.
• Universal Surrogacy Services, Inc. will provide your independent legal representation all items needed to draft a Gestational Agreement which comports with the discussions and desires of the parties. Upon execution of the Gestational Agreement, your gestational carrier will begin the medical portion of her screening process. The 2nd installment of The Agency Fee of $8,000.00 is due at this time.
• Your gestational carrier’s initial medical evaluation is conducted by your physician. The medical screening process consists of an initial interview with the physician, certain laboratory tests, a physical exam, and an injection course. The interview portion of the screening process will cover many areas including the motivation for your gestational carrier’s participation as a gestational carrier, a complete overview of her family’s health and genetic history, her history, and her fertility history. The physician will also provide a detailed explanation of the medical process, the fertility medication and its side effects, the transfer process and its side effects, and most importantly, any and all risks associated with both the transfer and pregnancy. The laboratory tests that your gestational carrier wil submit to vary from clinic to clinic, but generally include blood type, HIV, hepatitis, syphilis, cystic fibrosis, chlamydia, gonorrhea, CMV, and a full drug screen. In addition to the laboratory tests, the physician will conduct a full pelvic exam which may include a vaginal sonogram. Before your gestational carrier begins medication by injection, she will complete an injection course which consists of an informative video as well as a briefing by the nurse. The course is a sufficient teaching tool to guide her in administering the necessary medication by injection.
• Once pregnancy is confirmed, the 3rd installment of The Agency fee of $5000.00 is due.
Our Agency Fee is $18,000.00 and is paid in 3 installments outlined below:
- 1st installment of $5000.00 is due upon signing The Agency Service Agreement
- 2nd installment of $8000.00 is due upon an official match with a gestational carrier
- 3rd installment of $5000.00 is due upon positive pregnancy
International clients will incur an additional fee of $2000.00 paid when the 3rd installment is due.